A Beginners Guide to Online Gambling
If you’re new to gambling online and offline, then you may not understand why it appeals to so many. Here’s a beginner’s guide to get you started playing these games of chance:
What Is Gambling?
- The term gambling applies to playing games of chance for money.
- Lottery games, sports betting, casino games and bingo are all classed as gambling.
- Online gambling in the UK is presided over by the Gambling Commission.
Where Does It Originate?
- Gambling is a prehistoric pastime!
- In the Palaeolithic period, people would gamble with food, rocks and even bones.
- The first dice games date back to 3000BC.
- The first card games were played in China in the first millennium BC.
- The Ridotto was the first recorded casino, opening in Venice in 1638.
What Types of Games Exist?
- Card Games – Poker, Blackjack, Baccarat, Faro.
- Table Games – Roulette, Craps.
- Slot Machines.
- Sports Betting.
Odds of Betting/Gambling and how to assess them before you Play
- Table games usually have a house edge of just 2% – 3%.
- Slots have a return to player of 80% – 99%.
- Sports betting odds can vary wildly.
- Assess the odds by checking out the game info page of a game or comparing odds on sports.
Top Tips To Gamble Responsibly
- Be sure to set time and financial limits.
- Use a payment method that automatically limits your spend.
- Never gamble more than you can comfortably lose.
- Stop gambling if you find you’re unhappy or annoyed.